Welcome to the world of avatar customization! Changing your avatar on PlayStation 4 is easier than ever, and we’re here to show you how. From updated looks to custom artwork, we’ll guide you through the process of making your avatar look just like you…or something entirely different. So let’s get started!
Playing your favorite games on a PlayStation 4 is always a great experience. One of the fun things about the console is that you can customize your avatar to represent yourself in online play. Changing your avatar is easy, and you can always make adjustments as needed.
This guide will provide step-by-step directions to help you switch up your avatar for whatever game you are playing:
Signing in to Playstation Network
In order to change your ps4 avatar, you must first ensure that you’re signed into Playstation Network. You can do this by accessing your account from the XMB menu (the grey bar across the top of the console). If you’re not signed in, simply select ‘Sign-in’, enter your details and sign in.
Once you have completed this step, head to the user’s icon in the top right-hand corner of the XMB menu. Here, you will have access to an array of different avatar options which can be customized according to gender, animal type, athletic ability and more! Select one that is most appropriate for yourself or customize it further with color palettes or accessories.
Once satisfied with your ideal avatar press ‘X’ – after a few moments your avatar should be finished downloading and installing itself onto your console – simply restart it to view your new look!
Navigating the Playstation 4 Home Screen
When you open your Playstation 4 home screen, you will find two major sections. The top of the screen contains a series of app icons representing all the features and functions available on the console. You can scroll right and left to access each one. Below the app icons is the content area, where you will find your saved files, public media, and activity feeds.
To change your avatar, select the Profile icon at the top-right of your menu bar. It looks like a small person in a blue circle. From here, navigate to ‘Change Avatar’ by selecting it from the drop-down list. You will then be provided with several options to choose from including pre-made avatars or custom images from other sources such as pictures from a USB drive or screenshots from game play. Select ‘Change Avatar’ once more to make sure your selection has been saved correctly. Now you’re all set with an avatar that reflects your personal style!
Accessing the Profile Settings
Accessing the Profile Settings on your PlayStation 4 allows you to customize your Avatar, as well as many other personalize profile settings. To adjust these settings, you first need to access the profile settings menu.
To do this:
- Press the PlayStation button on the center of your controller.
- This will open up a new window and display 9 options in the middle of the screen.
- Choose “Profile” from this menu to enter into your PS4 profile page, which holds all of the account information and profile settings for that user on that PS4 console.
- Once you are in Profile Settings menu, select “Edit Profile” to make changes to your avatar as well as change other associated parameters such as Gamertags and Online ID’s associated to your exact PSN account or contact information linked to it such as email addresses or phone numbers, just in case you forget it and would like them sent a recovery link or code on their linked contact information.
How to change avatar on ps4
Finding an avatar that feels like an extension of yourself can be essential for connecting to the world of gaming on your PlayStation 4. You can choose from a range of avatars—incuding from regular characters or custom options—to show off in online game lobbies and while using messaging services. Customizing and updating your avatar is a simple process, depending upon the type you decide to go with.
Regular Avatars: A vast selection of pre-drawn cartoon-like avatars are available within the profile creation menu under “Select Regular Avatar.” This option provides you with many different anime and modern style characters, allowing you to set anything from an alien or troll to a zombie or a superhero for others to see when browsing lobbies or interacting with you in game. These standard characters come free with the PS4 console and can be customized even further in terms of clothing, hairstyle, props, emotes and much more.
Custom Avatars: Custom avatars allow players to use photos from their PlayStation 4 as their profile picture. This option is generally easier if you already have an amazing image (or selfie) that contains all colors shown in the primary PS4 menu screen. Any image must be cropped before being used which helps avoid any major graphical errors when uploading it into your account library – though not all colors will always appear as they should due to software limitations. Additionally, any custom avatar must first be uploaded directly into your account via USB before being set active within your profile settings menu.
Uploading a Custom Avatar
You can customize your avatar on your PlayStation 4 in a few easy steps. Once you have something that best shows off the real you, whenever you sign in to PlayStation Network, everyone will see it. You can choose from existing avatars or upload a photo of your own.
To upload a custom avatar:
- From the Home Screen, go to Friends, and then select Profile.
- Select Edit Avatar, and then select Upload Photo from the Custom section.
- Choose from any pre-loaded photos or take a photo to use as your custom avatar with PlayMemories Online OR just simply upload one from USB or mobile device by selecting Images/Camera Roll on the photo editor screen.
- The image is cropped and rotated automatically – all you need to do is make sure the focus is right where you want it before saving (keep an eye out for any tiles that are outside of the focus area).
- Adjust brightness etc., and once satisfied with your choices select Done, then Save Avatar & Close at bottom of page for confirmation pop-up.
- Your new avatar is ready! Now all of your friends will be able to see it when they check out your profile page or interact with you online!
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Changing your avatar on a PlayStation 4 (PS4) is a simple process as long as you’re signed in to your PlayStation account. If something has gone wrong, however, there can be a few unexpected problems. Common issues include being unable to select a new avatar, difficulties with custom avatars or images, and general problems trying to access the Playstation Network (PSN). The following troubleshooting steps should help you resolve the problem.
- Make sure you’re logged into your PSN account. If it’s not already done, log in to your PSN profile from the home screen.
- Go to settings and choose “Account Management” > “Account Information” > “Profile” > “Avatar.”
- Select an avatar from the available list of colors and characters. If you prefer to use a custom image or want to use a selfie or other picture as an avatar, choose the appropriate option and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Verify that your new Avatar is saved by selecting “Save Changes” in the upper right corner of the screen. If it doesn’t work immediately, try signing out of your PSN account and logging back in again before trying to change your avatar again.
- Make sure that all settings are adjusted correctly for displaying current status messages on friends list profile page by selecting general settings from within account management settings and scrolling down until you reach ‘My Status Message settings.’ Adjust this setting if necessary and save changes; otherwise, no one will be able to see when you switch avatars because they will not view updated profile messages from friends list page view when refreshing connections page view display options window menu (Settings>Display Options>Connections).
Changing your avatar on PlayStation 4 is easy and straightforward. All you need to do is launch the PlayStation Network, choose Settings, click on Account Management and select the Avatar option. From here, you can either browse through the various avatars or upload your own image. After selecting an avatar, simply confirm to finish the process. Some avatars require you to add additional information in order to fully customize them – such as a unique name or details about yourself. On some models of PS4, you may be able to access a wider range of customization options by visiting the PS4 character creation library online.
Changing your avatar on PlayStation 4 enables you to express yourself and create an identity that reflects who you are as a person. It’s fun and easy – choose your favorite avatar today!