Are you looking for a new way to enjoy gaming on your PS4? With Oculus, you can turn your PS4 into an even more immersive experience. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of connecting your Oculus to your PS4—so get ready to level-up your gaming!
Introduction to Connecting Oculus to PS4
The Oculus Rift and PlayStation 4 (PS4) gaming console offer truly immersive virtual reality experiences for their users. This guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to connect your Oculus Rift to your PS4. After connecting, you’ll be able to launch and play any game that supports the system.
Before connecting, make sure your Oculus Rift, PS4, and any other necessary hardware and cables are set up correctly. You’ll also need a high quality HDMI cable to connect the devices. Once all of your components are ready, you can begin the connection process.
- Plug one end of the HDMI cable into an HDMI port located on the back of the Oculus headset.
- Plug the other end into one of the ports on your PS4 console.
- Your headset should now be connected to both the PS4 and an available power supply.
- Next, turn on both devices and open up Playstation’s main menu.
- From there, select ‘Settings’ from the main menu before selecting ‘Devices’.
- Finally, under ‘Devices’, select ‘VR Devices’ followed by ‘Enable VR Device’.
- Once this is done, you’re all set to start exploring virtual reality games with your PlayStation console!
Understanding the Requirements of Connecting Oculus to PS4
Connecting an Oculus virtual reality system to a PlayStation4 console can serve a variety of purposes and can help enhance gaming experiences. However, it is not possible to connect the two devices directly as both have different proprietary interfaces. Thankfully, there are a few pieces of additional hardware that are required in order to bridge this divide and provide the connection needed to bring about some amazing immersive gaming possibilities.
It is important that any user considering connecting their Oculus device with their PlayStation4 first understands what hardware components will be necessary in order for the process to be successful. At minimum, two additional pieces of hardware will need to be used to employ this connection – an HDMI splitter and an audio extractor adapter.
- The HDMI splitter should have one input port connected directly into the PlayStation4 console’s output port, while two output ports should then be connected respectively into the Oculus Rift headset’s input ports.
- The audio extractor adapter needs only one input port connected into the other end of the splitters output outputs, while its two output ports will then connect directly into any headphones or earbuds desirable for immersive audio capabilities.
Once these elements are in place and correctly installed into the console setup it should now be possible to properly utilize both features from each respective device as desired.
How to connect oculus to ps4
Connecting your Oculus Rift to a PlayStation 4 can be a bit of a challenge and there are a few things to consider before attempting the connection. This guide will walk you through the steps necessary for connecting the Oculus Rift to your PlayStation 4 console.
- Ensure that both the Oculus Rift and PlayStation 4 have been powered down and unplugged from the wall.
- Connect an HDMI cable from your PS4 into the HDMI port on your PC video card, set it up so that the Playstation is outputting video to your PC display.
- Connect a USB cable from one of your PS4’s USB ports into one of your PC’s USB ports, then connect another USB cable from one of your PC’s USB ports into one of the Oculus’s USB ports.
- Power up both systems and make sure they recognize each other—you should see “PS4” listed under Devices in Settings on the Oculus Home screen.
- Set up audio playback through either headphones or external speakers connected to either system via 3D Audio 1/8 inch jacks or Bluetooth connectivity — whichever is more convenient for you — and adjust audio settings accordingly in each system to ensure sound plays correctly when using VR content sourced from either system (for example, if playing PSVR content on Oculus Rift, ensure audio settings allow sound output to be sent out).
- Put on headset and begin playing VR content sourced either from Playstation or Oculus!
Finally, you will be able to use your Oculus Rift with your PlayStation 4. The process is incredibly easy and only requires a few simple steps.
- Make sure that your PlayStation Pro or PS4 is connected to the same network as your Oculus Rift.
- Navigate to the PlayStation Store on your console.
- Download the official Oculus app for PS4.
- Launch it from your console’s home screen.
- Connect the HDMI cable of the Playstation 4 or PS Pro to the link box of the Oculus Rift.
- Following any on-screen prompts, you’ll be ready for immersive gaming and experiences alike!
What Are the Most Important Esports Tournaments?
Get Your Nerd on with these Casino Games
Popular Online Games With So Much Fun