Welcome to the world of PlayStation 5! Ready to get some gaming on? If you’re like most gamers, you’ve got a digital library full of games, but don’t worry – today we’re going to show you how to delete unwanted games from your PS5 with ease. Let’s get started!
The Sony PlayStation 5 offers a revolutionary gaming experience with a suite of features that make it easy to find, manage, and delete games from your console. Whether you need to free up storage space for new games, or want to conserve resources on your PS5, this guide will show you how to quickly and easily get rid of the games you no longer need.
Deleting a game on your PS5 can be done in just a few simple steps:
- Navigate to the home screen of the console, where all installed applications are being displayed.
- From there you can select which game or apps you would like to remove from the console.
- The game will then be deleted and all associated data – including saves – are removed from the system.
Keep in mind that some digital downloads may require an internet connection for re-downloading once deleted. Additionally, some portions of game data may remain on your PS5 storage drive even after deletion depending on the type of content being deleted.
Overview of the PS5 Console
The PlayStation 5 is an eighth-generation home video game console developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. First released in November 2020, it features 8K graphics, faster frame rates, and fast loading times. It also has a new DualSense controller that enhances immersion and offers enhanced haptic feedback. Furthermore, the ongoing digital transformation of the gaming industry is driving market expectations of the PS5 due to online gaming functionality and interactive media content options.
In order to take advantage of all this power, you will want to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of the system. This includes everything from hardware specs to software settings and more. Additionally, here’s a basic overview on how to delete games on your PS5 console:
- On the home screen press “Options” on your DualSense controller
- Select “Deletion” from the next menu
- Select “Applications“
- Choose which games you would like to delete
- Confirm your selection when prompted
- Your game will then be deleted from your system
- You can now download or purchase another game from the PlayStation Store if desired
With this overview in mind, you should now have a better understanding of how to delete games on your PS5 console for quick and easy access when desired!
How to delete games on ps5
Deleting a game from the home screen is quick and easy with the PlayStation 5. To delete games from the home screen, take the following steps:
- On the PS5 home screen, navigate to the game you wish to delete.
- Press and hold down on the “Triangle” button to bring up a menu.
- Select “Delete.”
- Confirm that you want to delete in the prompt that appears on-screen by selecting “OK.”
- The game will now be removed from your console’s hard drive and will no longer be listed in your library or appear at the top of your Home Menu list of games.
For digital games, they can also be removed from your account by visiting your PlayStation account profile page on a web browser and deselecting it under Purchased Content > [Your Console’s Name] Games which displays all of your owned titles for that particular console platform (PS4/PS5). To ensure that all progress associated with that title is also deleted, please go into games as you normally would and select ‘Clear Save Data’ from within it’s setting menu prior to deactivating it online.
How to Delete Games from the Library
If your PlayStation 5™ console has limited storage space and you find yourself needing to free up some extra room, deleting games from your Library is the best way to go. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of deleting games from your PlayStation 5 Library, along with some best practices for keeping it organized.
The PS5 has a built-in disc drive, but there’s no need to uninstall a disc title if you want to delete the associated game data from your Library. You can keep physical games in their cases and easily make them available for downloading later on. This conserves precious SSD space while keeping things organized in your Library.
To delete a digital game title:
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller to open the dashboard
- Select [Library], then [Games] in the sidebar menu
- Scroll down and select the game you wish to delete
- Press [Options] button on your controller
- Select [Delete] > THEN select [Confirm Delete] if necessary
- The game will be removed from that view and begin downloading again should you wish to install it at any time in the future
To delete a disc title:
- Insert or remove pre-installed games via Settings > System > Storage
- Select [System Storage] > Scroll down and choose from any pre-installed titles appearing under “Installed Game” section
Note: We recommend periodically deleting or archiving infrequently used titles so that it’s easy for others (or for yourself when logged in elsewhere) to access desired content quickly without scrolling through too many installed titles.
How to Uninstall Games from the Hard Drive
To free up space on your PlayStation 5’s hard drive, you must first uninstall games from the console. This process cannot be reversed, so make sure you want to delete the game before beginning.
To begin uninstalling games on PS5:
- Open your home screen, navigate to “Settings” and open up Storage & Data Management.
- Select “Game Data and Saved Data Management” -> “Game Data” to view a list of installed titles.
- Select the game you want to uninstall, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “Uninstall Game Data Only”
- Click confirm when prompted with a warning that this action can’t be undone with a check mark in the box next it to accept terms. Your PS5 system will Is now start deleting games from your device’s hard drive or SSD memory.
- If necessary, you can repeat this process for other installed titles or saved data files if desired as needed to free up storage space for more new games.
In conclusion, deleting games from your PS5 console is a straightforward and easy process. First, go to your “Storage” tab in the PlayStation Home screen, then select the game you want to delete by pressing the “Options” button on your controller. After that, choose “Delete” from the list of available options and follow any on-screen instructions.
You can also use a storage device or USB flash drive to back up saved data for previously-installed games before deleting them. Lastly, we recommend keeping track of your digital purchases in order to easily redownload the game at any time.
What Are the Most Important Esports Tournaments?
Get Your Nerd on with these Casino Games
Popular Online Games With So Much Fun