If you don’t want to be bothered by the occasional tips and hints messages that are displayed on your PlayStation 4 home screen, there is an easy way to disable these notifications. This tutorial will teach you how to turn off PS4 tips and hints completely.
The PlayStation 4 is a powerful gaming console with a wide range of features, including news and tips notifications on its home screen. Some of these notifications may prove useful, while others can be considered disturbingly persistent. Fortunately, it’s possible to turn off all such notifications and put an end to the suffering.
The process for disabling PS4 tips and hints is relatively simple, but it does require completing a few steps first in order to ensure that results are consistent with your preferences. So without further ado, let’s get started!
- Step 1: Navigate to the Settings menu on your PS4.
- Step 2: Select the Notifications option.
- Step 3: Find the Tips and Hints section and toggle the switch to Off.
- Step 4: Confirm the changes by pressing the X button.
Ps4 how to turn off tips
PS4 tips and hints can be a great way to keep you informed about new features and changes to the system. However, for some users, these tips can get in the way and be a source of distraction.
In this article, we’ll explore how to turn off PS4 tips and hints completely and why you may want to consider doing so.
What are PS4 Tips and Hints?
PS4 Tips and Hints are helpful messages that appear on your screen during certain activities. These ‘clue-cards’ help you to understand the underlying game mechanics, providing assistance and advice on how best to approach a particular task or challenge within a game.
They range from the functional – such as understanding how to control character movement when in vehicle – to the more general – such as suggestions for which weapons might be most appropriate for specific circumstances.
The tips can also provide timely reminders about an upcoming event or just help you stay informed about recently released content. While these messages can be welcome in many instances, it is possible to reduce or completely remove them if desired.
To turn off PS4 Tips and Hints completely, select ‘Settings’ from the Home screen of your PS4 console and then select ‘Notifications’. From here, disable the checkbox labelled ‘Display ongoing notifications’. With this turned off, you will no longer receive any tips and advice during gameplay on your PS4 console.
How to Access PS4 Tips and Hints
The PlayStation 4 system offers gamers a variety of tips and hints that can be used to help improve their gaming experience. These come in the form of messages displayed on the system display, as well as in-game pop-ups when certain conditions are met. With such a wide range of advice and options, it can be helpful to learn how to access these tips and hints easily.
Accessing PS4 Tips and Hints is easy! All you need to do is press the Share button on your controller for a few seconds until the Quick Menu appears, then use your left analog stick (or D-Pad) and select Notifications. You will then see a list of Tips and Notifications you’ve received recently – just select one to view its contents.
To switch off PS4 Tips and Hints entirely, navigate over to Settings on your PS4 menu screen, scroll down to Messages & Notifications, then toggle Show Message/Notification Pop-ups switch from On/Off depending on whether or not you wish to receive them in future. It’s important to note that even with this function switched off, you can still access Tips & Hints through the Quick Menu mentioned above.
Turning Off PS4 Tips and Hints
If you’re an experienced PS4 gamer, then you may have noticed the occasional tips and hints that pop up on your screen. While these tips can be helpful, they can also be intrusive and annoying. Fortunately, there is a way to turn off these tips and hints so that you can focus on playing your games without any distractions.
In this article, we’ll look at how to turn off PS4 tips and hints completely.
Accessing the Settings Menu
To turn off PS4 Tips and Hints, you’ll need to access the PlayStation 4 system’s settings menu. To do this, press the power button on the console located on the top left-hand side of your controller. On the PlayStation 4 home screen, located in the upper left-hand corner of your screen, select ‘Settings’ and then scroll down to ‘Notifications’.
Once inside ‘Notifications’, select ‘Tips and Tricks’ and uncheck both boxes to ensure that tips and hints are no longer sent to you on a regular basis. You can also opt out of receiving any general notifications from Sony by opting out in this menu as well.
Turning Off PS4 Tips and Hints
PlayStation 4 includes several features that can help you enjoy your gaming experiences more thoroughly. One of the most useful of these is the ability to receive tips and hints which notify you when new content is available or when you may need help solving puzzles or progressing in games.
However, if you find these tips and hints to be irritating or unnecessary, it’s easy to turn them off. To do so, follow these simple steps:
- Select the Settings option from the main menu on your PS4 home screen.
- Scroll down to Notifications and select it from the list of options.
- Uncheck the Allow Notifications from System menu box at the bottom of the screen. This will stop all notifications, including system updates, news updates, and tips & hints about games you own or follow on PlayStation Network (PSN).
- You may also want to disable Tips & Tricks notifications by selecting Content Category Filters further down in this menu and unselecting Tips & Tricks while leaving other categories checked if they are useful for you as well as keeping them enabled in your preferred language should they appear in one that is not your default language.
- When finished disabling all unwanted notifications press O (the circle button) on your controller to close out of this menu. Your settings will be saved automatically and those pesky PS4 tips and hints will no longer disrupt your game time!
Whether you want to turn off the PS4 tips and hints because you’re an experienced player or simply want to reduce clutter on your home screen, the steps are similar and simple.
- Navigate to the Notifications menu and look for the “Tips and Tricks” option.
- Select it, then select “Off” from the drop-down menu. This will permanently turn off all PS4 tips and hints notifications in future use of your system.
Before turning off the PS4 tips, however, be sure to visit the Tips & Tricks page of the PlayStation support website for a wealth of helpful information about your PlayStation 4. From beginner guides to troubleshooting advice, this resource is designed to give users like you an advantage while playing with Sony’s console.
The Benefits of Responsive Dental Website Design for Your Patients
How to Design a Website that Builds Trust with Your Audience
What an M2 MacBook Pro could offer